Friday, July 15, 2011

This Just In...

Apparently since my last blog is dated June 17th, I've been slack-a-lackin' in the blogging department!
Things have been going fairly well though. Here's an update:

Summer has officially arrived in Wyoming! Well...kinda. It's really been more of a spring. We've had a few hot days in the higher 80's but mostly it's been mild days in the lower 70's & raining off & on, sometimes pouring & we're having more humidity than is legal in this area! I have a severe dislike for humidity so having it here where I can FEEL it, that just ain't right!

Due to the better-than-winter weather, when the opportunity presents itself Ryan & go walk on the track at Western Wyoming Community College. It's a mile long & we do at least two miles. The other night we went for four miles. I didn't feel to terrible right after but man did my legs hurt later that night & all day the next day. Kept feeling like they were trying to cramp up. We haven't been to the gym in a while but when the weather's nice who wants to be cooped up in a gym? Not us. So our "workouts" mostly consist of walking but Audrey wants us to get in a few strength training workouts & those mostly need the gym to work. So, we'll attempt a few but winter will force us indoors all to soon so we'd rather play outside!

Speaking of playing, we got a boat! Hey, if you're gonna play you gotta have toys! It's super nice, yellow & white & even though it's an '09 it's brand new & hadn't been in the water until Saturday July 16th when we took it out after Ryan got home from work. It was amazing fun!

Weight wise we're holding our own. Haven't really lost more but haven't gained either. I'm sticking in the 192-194 range & Ryan's still consistently in the 242-245 range. We've definitely had a few splurges & a good cold beer tastes oh-so-good sometimes. Hey, it's summer what do you expect? Cooking out & eating out & drinking a beer or a drink or two goes hand in hand with summertime, or this advanced spring we're having! We're not going too overboard & stick close to what we're supposed to have but don't deny ourselves from time to time with whatever sounds good. If the weight starts piling back on, we'll change that. I think we're pretty balanced right now though.

Last tidbit for this time: We've officially signed up for our first 5K! It's the Burn Your Lungs 5K (as well as other races) & is going to be on July 30th in Kemmerer, WY. I'm super nervous about it! I don't want to be the old, short, fat chick that rolls past the finish line in last place! I just want to finish in a respectable time & be glad I did one. That was one of my original goals when we started with Audrey way back in January. 

Well, that's about it for now. My work week is officially over & I'm off for some play time! I hope ya'll are having a super summer & enjoying the heck out of every day. Have a good one! 
 

2 comments:

  1. cheers to balance! enjoy a FEW beers, enjoy a FEW "sweat-fests" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are going to do awesome!

    ReplyDelete